Welcome to Adventure Racing Ireland (ARI), an association for the sport of Adventure Racing in Ireland
An inaugural meeting was held on Sunday 18th October 2020 and it established a new association for adventure racing on the island of Ireland.
With a growing membership base, ARI is now set for a successful 2023 with a new committee in place after it’s most recent AGM on 7th Dec 2022.
Further details about the aims of Adventure Racing Ireland can be viewed under ARI Policies above and in News in the Race Hub section.
Membership is now open for 2023 – Click here to Register
If you want to help ARI in any way then there will be several working groups formed in the coming weeks that you might like to be involved with.
If so then please e-mail email@example.com with an indication of where you might like to be involved with ARI in the development of the sport.
Members Nights- Held primarily during the winter months
Our 6 Week Orienteering & Navigation course in conjunction with the Irish Orienteering Association ran recently and was a Sell Out success
Due to demand we plan to hold this course again in the near future
Online Members’ nights previously held include:-
November 2020:- “Evening with the Irish Eco Challenge Fiji Team” & “Yoga For Adventure Racers”
December 2020:- AR Discussion & Core training
Jan 6th 2021:- Women in AR Webinar
Jan 20th:- “Navigation – Basics & Training Tips & Tricks”
Feb 3rd- AR Team – Advice & Team Formation
Wed 17th Feb:- Women in AR – Training Focus
Wed 3rd March:- Local AR Training Groups
Wed 17th March:- Bike Fit, Targeted and Functional training
Wed 7th April:- Personal Prep for AR – Nutrition/ hydration, tips on gear & kit
Wed 21st April:- All Thinks Bike – Road & Mountain Bike – Skills and training
Wed 12th May:- Paddling for AR – Techniques and training
Wed 16th June – Coaching for Success
If you have any suggestions or have any special skills of experience relevant to presentations for our Members’ night subjects then please e-mail details to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forwarding to putting some Racing back into our Adventures soon
Adventure racing is a dynamic and growing sport in Ireland with over 10,000 AR enthusiasts taking part in solo and team races in Ireland in 2019.
- ARI will bring the adventure racing community on the island of Ireland together and to work collectively to develop this exciting sport.
- ARI will promote and develop both solo and team based adventure-racing formats including expedition type races as seen recently on the “World’s Toughest Race” on Amazon Prime.
- ARI will promote standards and good practice for the sport, will seek to expand a calendar of AR races, provide training opportunities for members and support club development.
- ARI will coordinate the National Adventure Race Series in conjunction with race organisers and sponsors from 2021.
- ARI will develop training opportunities for members to help progression in the sport.