Southeast Team Adventure Race (STAR), 25 November 2023
Southeast Team Adventure Race (STAR) (Sprint and Endurance Races) will include kayaking, trekking, cycling and orienteering. Some special tasks may also be included. Both racers must be over 18 to register.
Inistioge is a small village in County Kilkenny. The village is situated on the River Nore, 25 kilometres southeast of Kilkenny. Situated along the River Nore, Inistioge is entered by crossing a 10 arch stone bridge.
What to expect
- Designed for first-time team adventure racers
- Navigation – easy
- Distances – TBC
- Any type of bike is allowed
- Experienced racers
- Navigation – plan your own route
- Distances – TBC
- MTB only
- Course maps for both races will be provided to each team on race morning, with all race controls marked on the map.
Start Location: Inistioge
- Sprint registration from 11am and race starts at 12:30
- Endurance registration from 7:45am and race starts at 9am
- Bike: Sprint teams can use any bike including road bikes, hybrids, or mountain bikes.
- Endurance race a mountain bike is mandatory.
- Footwear: Trail running shoes are strongly recommended
Mandatory Race Kit :
- Quality Waterproof Jacket and Overpants
- Space blanket
- First Aid Kit (one per team) includes antiseptic wipes, plasters, triangular and Crepe bandage with fasteners)
- Bike Map Holder (one per team)
- Mobile Phone in a waterproof case (one per team)
- Bike Helmet
- Spare Tube, pump & tyre levers
- Bike lights mounted on the front and back of the bike
Endurance Race: €40 per person (€80 per team)
Sprint Race: €30 per person ( €60 per team)
Register as a member of Adventure Racing Ireland for 2023 here
Please note that capacity is restricted on both the Sprint and Endurance race so please get your team entry in as early as you can!
Adventure Racing Ireland – Team Adventure Series 2023
TheSouthEast AR Challenge is the 4th race in the Team Adventure Series 2023. Team results from three races will score towards overall placement in the Team Adventure Series 2023.
Are you up for the Challenge?
Please see Results below